Tuesday, July 17, 2007

five more questions and a bonus

ed_fuentes_fbla
Photo courtesy of FBLA

Downtown's very own renaissance man, Ed Fuentes (of View from a Loft and blogdowntown), fielded 20 "softball" questions from Fishbowl LA yesterday. I'm glad to see Ed get some well-deserved attention. I hold him in high esteem, so much that I asked him a while ago if I could set him up with one of my girlfriends. Yes ladies, he's single and that's a good picture of him.

Those questions, however, didn't really get to the heart of the matter. Yes, I realize those are the same stock questions they ask of all that they profile. But I want to know more about Ed. I'm hoping that Ed will answer five more questions, with answers that reveal far more about who he is. The questions are below and I have generously answered them as well (to be fair). I'm also hoping that Jim, Eric, Dave, Rico, Don and Brady will answer these questions on their blogs as well. If anybody else wants to play along, please feel free to answer in the comments or on your own blog (and let us know in the comments).

1. Does the carpet match the drapes?
No, I've had some gray hairs come in lately. This screenplay is killing me slowly.

2. What was the last thing you did that you previously told yourself you wouldn't do?
Procrastinate. Hey, look at what I'm doing now.

3. Who was your childhood hero?
My 5th grade teacher, Mr. Richardson. Every week, we had to recite a poem from memory and then explain it, in our own words. Poems ranged from Rudyard Kipling's If, Lord Alfred Tennyson's The Charge of the Light Brigade, and William Ernest Henley's Invictus, to Shakespeare's soliloquoys and Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's Hiawatha. I still have that book and I can still quote many of those poems today. Mr. Richardson took a classroom full of recently-immigrated Chinese, Filipino, Japanese, Korean, Pakistani, Arab, Mexican, Salvadoran, and Guatemalan kids, many of them struggling to learn English, and taught them not just the basics, but helped them to achieve a cultural literacy lacking in most high school students today. I think I learned more from his class than I did in college (not counting classes in my major, theatre arts) and I would not be the person I am today were it not for Mr. Richardson.

4. Describe your first kiss.
We were five years old, his name was Anthony and he was in my 1st grade class. At lunchtime, me, Anthony and some other weird kids would act out fairy tales. I was always the princess and Anthony, you guessed it, was the knight in shining armor coming to my emotional rescue and he would kiss me. Then our fairy tale play would come to an end, and so would our lunch hour.

5. What is the best superhero comic book movie ever made?
Despite Katie Holmes, the best superhero comic book movie ever made is Batman Begins.

Bonus Question (as in, optional):
Have you ever had a "blog crush" (i.e., a crush on someone, of whatever gender, that you haven't met in person but only know through their blog)? Who? Link please, if you dare.

I only developed a crush on Jim after I met him. To this day, he still denies that he had a blog crush on me, but the evidence is there. Does February 28, 2005 ring a bell, Jim?

1 comment:

VNTuongLai said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.