Friday, August 17, 2007

ice cream anti-social

Blogdowntown hosted a picnic in Elysian Park this past May that was well-attended and a lot of fun, but I thought it was too hot to eat pizza. When talk of another blogdowntown get-together involving more pizza came up, I suggested an ice cream social instead. After careful consideration and one negative comment, Ed suggested we call it an ice cream anti-social (because you have to support local businesses and buy your own damn cone instead of just showing up for free ice cream).


So although there are a ton of fun things going on this weekend (Sunset Junction, Tofu Festival, Nisei Week, Trojan Women, etc.), I heartily recommend attending the blogdowntown ice cream anti-social this Sunday at 3pm in Little Tokyo. I suggest hitting the Tofu Festival earlier for lunch and walking around. Then at 3pm (probably right around the time you need a cool little pick-me-up), head over to Weller Court, next to the new Piccomolo Italian Ice Cream shop at 2nd and San Pedro. Jim and I checked it out opening weekend and picked up a two-for-one coupon - sweet! But I have to admit, I'm a fan of ceFiore in the Japanese Village Plaza a block away. Though if it's really hot, I guess I could have both.

After the anti-social, stick around for the Nisei Week parade at 6pm. You'll probably be hungry again after that. Although there is still no open 'gina in Little Tokyo, there is no shortage of good places to eat in that part of downtown.

See you at the anti-social!

No comments: