Wednesday, August 15, 2007

how i really hurt my hand

I sprained the thumb on my left hand a few weeks ago. It should've healed by now, but I keep re-injuring it because I've been forgetful about putting the brace back on after I wash my hands. But in the past week, it seems like everyone has noticed the brace and asked, "What happened?"

"I sprained it playing with Wonton."

I don't get much sympathy. Usually I get laughs. It doesn't bother me that people laugh at my injury and what caused it. It is hard to believe that an eight-pound Shih Tzu puppy could do all that. So I've decided to come clean with how I hurt my hand. I tried to emulate the guy in the video below playing Guns N' Roses' "Sweet Child o' Mine" using only his hands and fingers:



While I'm in this confessional mode, I also want to explain something else. A while back people were asking about all the words inked on my hands. I made some lame excuse about not having paper on me and writing some notes for my rewrite down on my hand. Another lie. This is what I was trying to do:



Whew, I feel better already.

"There are things to confess that enrich the world, and things that need not be said."
--Joni Mitchell

No comments: