Wednesday, March 01, 2006

new movie database

Turner Classic Movies (TCM) launched TCMdb, an interactive movie database. The new database will feature content related to more than 130,000 titles and more than 10 million distinct pieces of information, spanning movie history from the 1890s to films currently in production. The database includes library content licensed from the American Film Institute's Catalog of Feature Films (usually only available to AFI members), with additional content purchased from Internet Movie Database, Inc. and other sources, allowing TCM to include film content from all of the major movie studios.

I'm sure that at some point I'll give it a test spin. But at first glance it seems to be heavy on films from the wayback past that I won't need to reference and less of the films that are in various stages of development and/or production. Other than using TCMDB for the occasional bet, I think it'll continue to be IMDB for me.

No comments: