Wednesday, October 03, 2007

next meeting of the downtown writers group

The next meeting of the Downtown Writers Group is scheduled for tomorrow, Thursday, October 4, 2007 at 7:00pm, at the DLANC Outreach Center at 450 S. Main Street (between 5th and Winston Streets), Los Angeles, CA 90013, next to the Regent Theater.

I'm kind of on edge right now. I submitted an unfinished version of my screenplay to the group two weeks ago, but I've since completed it and submitted that to my producer. Tomorrow, I get feedback on something that no one else but my producer, his development execs, and Jim have read. Fresh eyes. That's one kind of anxiety. Then over the weekend, I get to meet with one of my producer's development execs to discuss the draft I submitted. I know this will sound silly, but I can't tell which one is making me more anxious.

2 comments:

Rick Andreoli said...

Nothing silly about that anxiety! I know it well.

How did it go?

celia said...

it went very well. i received some really good feedback and was relieved to get some fresh eyes on the script. i've submitted the finished screenplay to my producer and am awaiting notes.

it looks like we've got a great little writers group on our hands. i read some really good screenplays, the discussion was lively and constructive, and i genuinely like the members who have been participating.