Friday, April 29, 2005

fun bicycle activities

What's with the bikes? I had no idea so many people in Los Angeles were into their bicycles. I'm not into it, but if you supply me with beverages I'm sure I could watch it for hours.

The Bike Expo was this past weekend, coverage on that as well as upcoming bike events can be found here, here, and here. But for those interested in a fun downtown bike tour, you might want to check out The Inaugural Cinco de Mayo Downtown Los Angeles Fun Bicycle Tour on Sunday, March 8th.

Curtis C. Roseman, Professor Emeritus of Geography at USC says:
"It starts at the Shrine Auditorium, goes south through USC and Exposition Park, then north on Figueroa to downtown. After a major stop (about halfway) at Pershing Square, the ride continues down Broadway, then through North University Park to the Shrine. It will be an easy, casual ride, celebrating historic and cultural attractions of the area."

It is a 9-mile noncompetitive fundraiser, which doesn't mean much to me, but I'm not a cyclist. So if you feel like "Celebrating Downtown L.A's. Architectural Heritage" for nine miles on a bike, departure starts at 7:00 AM at the Shrine Auditorium. Let me know how that works out for you.

No comments: