Tuesday, February 08, 2005

freelance writing gig & Barney's Warehouse Sale

I was able to breathe a sigh of relief. A friend hooked me up with this new company that needed someone to write all their marketing material. Press releases, ad copy, website verbage, the whole shebang. Since the two owners are young and fairly hip, I was relieved to find that I actually like their service and that they weren't exceedingly corporate. Not a bad gig. They're called Shopper Shuttle and they run a shopping service that shuttles tourists, business travelers, international stewardesses, and Angelenos (who don't like to drive) around to shop. I like to shop and hate to drive, so when I get a regular gig, I will probably use their service. And their VP of Publicity and Marketing shares the same name as me. I think that's one of the reasons why she dug me too. I don't meet many Celias.

What I really like about this company is that they have these special shopping trips and they schedule regular pick-ups from downtown Los Angeles. They have shuttles leaving every hour from Union Station to the Barney's Warehouse Sale(!!!), February 10th to the 12th. I probably can't hit the sale because I'm so broke, but they've got another big sale in April. If you plan on hitting the Barney's Warehouse Sale and don't want to hassle the traffic and parking, use Shopper Shuttle so they can hire me again, I need the work.

No comments: