Tuesday, May 09, 2006

pet casting call

Jim and I are looking for a dog. Specifically, we're looking for a black french bulldog. We aren't in any rush, just keeping an eye out. Then I saw that Old Navy is looking for a new spokesdog. I don't know if our future spoiled puppy is "mascot mutt--erial", but I'm urging my friends with dogs to enter their pups:

Pet Casting Call: A nationwide search is happening now through May 29 for a new “spokesdog” for Old Navy stores. In the late 90s, Old Navy featured its beloved pooch, Magic, and now they want to find a new Magic to star in their holiday 2006 advertising campaign and make history. U.S. and Canadian dog owners can enter photos of their dogs and a personality profile at www.oldnavy.com/magic or attend one of four casting call events in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago and New York City. Then a panel of celebrity judges including Katherine Heigl (Grey’s Anatomy), Alfre Woodard (Desperate Housewives), Malcolm David Kelley (Lost), Kristin Chenoweth (The West Wing and RV), Betty White (The Golden Girls) and dog trainer Andrea Arden will select six dog finalists who will be showcased in more than 950 Old Navy stores. From June 23 through July 7, people can vote for their favorite dog star.

Did I mention that I'm a dog-whisperer?

No comments: