Wednesday, March 16, 2005

reconnect with old friends

Slept in yesterday morning and woke up hungry. My roommate had the day off, other roommate just got back in from Burma (I don't know how to spell Myanmar and don't want to look it up). It's a beautiful day so we walk to Pete's Cafe for lunch, but they're closed for filming. So we try Banquette. I'd had dessert and coffee here, but never lunch. I highly recommend the Pasta Fajule and Spicy Italian Panini. While lunching, the whole world walked in. Every few minutes someone from my past, or at least the last 15 years, walked in and recognized me despite my oversized dark glasses. So if you want to reconnect with old friends, I suggest taking the day off from work, sleeping in and waking up just in time for lunch, will your roommates to knock on your door and invite you to lunch, make sure one of your roommates just spent 36 hours on a plane, plan to eat somewhere else, and go to Banquette instead. Oh yeah, and order something you've never had before. But make sure you brush your hair before you walk outside. Hey, it worked for me.

No comments: