Monday, November 21, 2005

i sustained major shopping injuries

I conned convinced Angel and James to drive to San Francisco for the grand opening of the only West Coast H&M Store. I had to check out the new Stella McCartney line and I get my best ideas for writing while in the car, so we left at midnight on Friday and arrived in San Francisco around 6:30am. There weren’t that many people standing in line, maybe 30. So we got some breakfast but by the time we returned, there were approximately 200 people standing in line.

Cut to the chase – I think I tore a muscle, one that makes my arms work. I guess that’s what happens when you have to navigate the maze of crazed shoppers while carrying about 80 pounds of clothes. Usually, just wearing steel-toed boots is enough preparation for a serious day of shopping, but not this time. I should’ve asked James and Angel to accompany me, just to help carry stuff. Now I can’t lift my right arm without seeing a blinding flash of light and experiencing excruciating pain in my arm, back, neck and shoulder. My left arm is only slightly better. I need to recuperate in time for Thursday. Camarillo Premium Outlets is having a Midnight Madness sale from midnight to 6am and I plan on starting my after-Thanksgiving shopping there.

1 comment:

Angel ABC said...

Amazing. The lengths we'll go to to satisfy our carnal desires for fashion.

I looked at Sonny-Angel's blog too and caught all the photos of Sonny-Angel in San Fran.

Sounds like you all had a blast!

Happy Turkey Day!