Wednesday, October 19, 2005

wondered what that was all about

I was already asleep when I heard that familiar thud-thud-thud sound. A bright light pierced through the darkness and into my bedroom window. I thought I heard some noises out in my living room or on the roof, but that could've been a loftmate. There could have been a trio of drunk possums careening into the walls and I wouldn't get out of bed. I was too eager to ignore everything outside my bedroom - I started a new gig Tuesday morning and I needed sleep. There could have been a wacky old man throwing bricks off my roof and a police helicopter right outside my window, shining a light onto me and my bed and not my roof where the wacky old man might be found heaving bricks off the roof - it just didn't matter. I wanted peace and quiet so I could get some sleep and I'd go straight to denial if needed.

Then my neighbors eric and eecue wondered what the hell was going on and I was able to piece things together somewhat.

I wonder if that had anything to do with the two hotel maintenance guys cleaning up all this plaster and brick outside my door this morning. I need sleep. I hope no one feels like heaving bricks off my roof tonight.

1 comment:

Angel ABC said...

Wacky Asian man shoots semen off of L.A. roof. The L.A.P.D. and Channel 7 missed that one ...