Thursday, December 14, 2006

silversun pickups

My cousin Chris is the drummer for the Silversun Pickups. I've been going to see him play for years in various bands before SP, so I was really happy to see him hit the big time with this band. They had their national television debut on Letterman a week or so ago, and they rocked! It was great to hear David Letterman say such wonderful things about them and enjoy their performance so much. Here's the clip. They were also on KCRW yesterday morning, here's that clip.

His parents, Emma and Boy, asked me and Jim to come see the Silversun Pickups at the Troubadour this Sunday and I wasted no time in screaming, "Yes!" So, anybody else going to the show?

1 comment:

Kurt Thomas said...

I just discovered your blog. I'm a HUGE Silversun Pickups fan! Tell your cuz he's doin' good!

I'm moving from Silverlake to 5th & Spring. By Summertime I'll be a lofter right there on the corner. How do you like the neighborhood? Is this whole "downtown redux" for real?

I love Silverlake, but we're getting chased out by the Gellato palors and valet parking.

-Kurt