Wednesday, May 23, 2007

who left the lid up?

It's Wednesday, so Jim and I walked to the Central Library Farmer's Market to get our tamale fix, pick up some fruits, some flowers, and maybe some snacks.

There's a new crosswalk at 5th and Main Streets:
hk at new crosswalk at 5th & Main

Nice pattern.
new crosswalk at 5th & Main

I read on blogdowntown that the new automated pay toilet near Pershing Square was finally operational, but it didn't look like I'd be able to use it.
automated pay toilet at 5th & Hill

I approached the guys repairing it to ask how much longer, but they were so engrossed they didn't pay me any mind. So I eavesdropped.
workers repairing the APT

Guy in green shirt on the left says, "I don't know which one needs repair."

The guy pointing, "I think it's this one."

"Why that one?"

"Because when I touched it, that's when it all went, you know."

hk inside the APT
Someone really needed to go, but it didn't look like that was going to happen at this APT. It looks like the seat retracts for cleaning and when it isn't operational.

sink and toilet inside the APT

1 comment:

shainLA said...

kitty's reactions are priceless....