Friday, April 27, 2007

downtown filming, downtown blogs

I read Ed and Eric's posts re new rules for downtown filming available on the FilmLA website. I love that I can get my essential info on downtown living from downtown blogs rather than the Downtown News or any other traditional media source. But there is still a lot of helpful information that I don't see covered and I know I'm guilty of not posting the most useful stuff or the most hilarious gossip anymore. I promise, more good stuff to come and less of my Hello Kitty obsession. Jeez, I did it again. Where was I? Oh yeah, back to filming downtown. Damn, that simulated gunfire from the film crew down the street is loud.

Eric states on blogdowntown (and I heartily agree), "Aside from the PDF making it sound like Film LA is making these changes of their own free will, the rules are a good start toward making filming a better neighbor. "

It is a very good start and I'm so appreciative of DLANC's Residential Committee for all they've done to make this happen and for their continued efforts. Special thanks to Benjamin Pezzillo, Bert Green and Ginny Marie Case.

But I have to laugh at Ed's theory, "I think it has something to do with Downtown being the '3rd "bloggiest' neighborhood." Hey, weren't we just talking about that after that residential meeting? Ed suggested that we have a picnic or barbecue for all downtown bloggers. I think we should have a meet-up at Lost Souls for all downtown bloggers and the people who read them. Anybody interested in going to that?

Here's an interesting viewpoint- I read this blog post re the ACLU, the cleaning up of Skid Row and downtown development. This woman's take on things is titled, " How the Supreme Court killed downtown Los Angeles". Why can't the Downtown News run articles like this instead of the same old rah-rah real estate stories?

4 comments:

dgarzila said...

I was coming back from City HAll and was in front of where the filming is taking place. As we got closer the shots rang out. I sounded much like a sawn off shotgun going off. I squatted automatically with my arms at port arms .

I can understand why you guys are crazy over this. Being a veteran and this rattled me? , boy I think I would lose it over time.

Shannon said...

i'm down for a downtown meet-up...

the Loftydog said...

Hey Pawpals,

Nikki Talulah cordially invites you to join us for another great night of Purr-fect fun.
You and your parents are invited to "sniff-in" this Thursday night September 13th from
7-9pm for The Best "Yappy Hour" in Downtown LA. Come celebrate the urban lifestyle of Canine & Feline living with food, drinks and live entertainment!

This week Nikki Talulah's Spotlight features CatNap Products~"Wild Things For Pets."
Come check out the latest in lounge furniture for pets. Like the Cheetah Love seat & Dalmatian Chaise Lounge. Relax your paws and treat yourself to a Blueberry Facial & Cheek Massage in our
"Le' Pet Spa" Grooming Salon. Or just come & have a "Mutt-ini." It's all about the Loftydog in you!

Also, join us for a Dog Day Afternoon this Sunday, September 16th for the "Bow Wow" Brunch at The Omni Hotel. Featuring doggie culinary delights like, "Barking For A Burger Bowl", "Tail Chasing Veggies & Rice", & "Panting Puppy Peanut Butter Patties." The price is $14.95-$19.95, Continental-Deluxe Buffet and $6.95 per item "Pour Le Pooch." See you at The Loftydog!

Pooches,

Nikki~

DOGMA FOR THE DAY: Strut Your Pup!

The Loftydog
120 W. 2nd Street
"Off Main"
213.687.8820
www.theloftydog.com

Bark Back: theloftydogcafe@aol.com

Sudeepta said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.