Tuesday, February 08, 2005

battling traffic

This new website helps commuters and businesses find rideshare partners, carpool lanes, park & ride lots, bike paths, etc. According to the site, 73% of the freeway traffic comes from single passenger vehicles.

I suddenly care a lot more about freeway traffic because this morning, I had to drive to the westside for a breakfast meeting. My breakfast was scheduled for 8am, I was 30 minutes late. What was I thinking scheduling a meeting on the westside before 11am? Oh yeah, I lost my job last week and can't be picky about meeting times any more. While I sat in traffic on the 10 freeway, I took a good look around at the other cars. Single passengers in every SUV, everywhere I looked. I hope I don't have to take a job on the westside, that's a soul-sucking commute. But a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do...

No comments: