1) Bring Wonton to The Lofty Dog for grooming. (Done! Wonton is there now and I think he's liveblogging.)
2) Check out some of my favorite galleries during tonight's Downtown ArtWalk. (Done! Sort of. Passed by Lost Souls Cafe (ube shake, yum!), Art Murmur, and Bert Green Fine Art on the way back. I'm so glad I walked back from The LD instead of taking the DASH. I loved Lost Souls' new menu and need to come back again soon, I loved the new installation in Bert's window and I really really wish I had the cheddar to purchase all of Yun Bai's works in the first room at Art Murmur.)
3) Check out a few comedians performing tonight at the Inaugural Comedy Walk. My vote for the best venue so far? The men's room at the Palace Theater.
4) Have dinner at LiliYa China Bistro and catch up with my soon-to-be-married friend, Helena.
5) Pick up Wonton at The LoftyDog just in time for Yappy Hour.
And not necessarily in that order.
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Wednesday, January 09, 2008
Check out this video from United Hollywood - they have a new video campaign called Voices4Action and the first one features writer-director Tony Gilroy (Bourne Identity, Supremacy, and Ultimatum) speaking about the partnership between writers and studios and about the trust that needs to exist between the two.
Sunday, January 06, 2008
Tomorrow is the first official day back on the picket lines, so tonight the Gate 3 Team (that's most of us in the picture above) gathered for margaritas and Mexican food at the Acapulco across from our new gate at NBC. The rain probably kept a lot of people away, but we had a nice turnout and I got to know some of my fellow picketers a little better. I hope it doesn't rain on us too hard tomorrow morning. Honk if you pass by.
Thanks to Cecile for the photo!
Friday, January 04, 2008
Jim gave me the Hello Kitty 2008 calendar pictured above, titled, "Hello 2008". So happy. I follow Jerry Seinfeld's advice on writing every day and will continue doing so in 2008, so I'm looking forward to crossing off the days with my neon pink Hello Kitty pen. Silly? Yes. But I do whatever works.
I don't usually make resolutions (though my dog did), and I don't think this year will be any different. However, I might reactivate my gym membership. And eat more fruits and vegetables. But other than that, nothing new because I'm having a hard enough time sticking to my old list of things I'm supposed to be doing (like walking Wonton 2X a day and crossing off the days I write with a big pink X).
In a couple weeks, Jim and I will be celebrating our one-year anniversary. Woo hoo! Take that, all you naysayers who said it wouldn't last! One big year of wedded bliss! A few months ago, our landlord Abe was in the building, checking on the renovations to the floors below. He came up to take in the view from the patio and Jim went out to say hello. Jim said that Abe asked him, "So, how's married life?" Of course, Jim said it's been great. To which Abe replied, "Eh, wait until you've been married twenty."